Equality and diversity
Our commitment to equality and diversity
We are committed to tackling unfair discrimination on the grounds of:
- Faith, religion and belief
- Gender reassignment
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Sexual orientation
As a Council we are committed to:
- Eliminate discrimination and tackle prejudice
- Advance equality of opportunity
- Foster good relations and promote understanding
- Meet the needs of people within the protected characteristics
- Encourage participation in public life/activities
The general equality duty is supported by specific duties which require us to publish data which is reviewed annually. We pledge to meet both our specific and general duties in this Act.
We are required to set equality objectives every four years as part of our Public Sector Equality Duty.